I had the following symptoms:
- New install of Windows 10
- Clean install of iTunes
- Neither my iPhone or my iPad would connect to iTunes, it wouldn’t even try
- Mobile Device Support was working as it should. (The service existed and was started).
- Followed the instructions in this article, which didn’t help: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204095
- Uninstalled & Reinstalled iTunes
- Rebooted multiple times
No matter what I tried, I noticed that my devices refused to be recognized at all in Device Manager. They just weren’t there at all. They weren’t listed under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, or under Other Devices. It just didn’t exist.
So try this solution if your iPhone or iPad won’t show up in iTunes, and when you look in Device Manager, you do not see anything listed when you plug it in.
The solution for me ended up being pretty simple. I manually installed the driver from the folder on my computer, and it worked.
- First, make sure your iDevice is plugged in and iTunes is open
- Navigate to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
- Then right-click on this file: usbaapl64.inf and click “Install”
Here is a screenshot of the step:
It should now install the driver, and your iDevice should show up in iTunes! I had to do this separately for both my iPhone and iPad, but now they show up from now on.
This is a quick and easy fix for an error that appears every time you try and copy/move files within a Network Share (or from your desktop to a network).
This applies to you if you’re in a Network Environment (I.e.: You have a server you try and copy files from/to). You also must have permissions to modify your Internet Explorer settings. If you don’t have such permissions, you need to contact your Network Admin.
This is a screenshot of the error:
TO FIX THIS: You must add your Server’s name or IP address in IE settings. To do this:
1. Go to Control Panel
2. Click on or search for and find “Internet Options”
3. Click the Security Tab
4. Click Local intranet
5. Click the “Sites” button right below and to the right.
6. Click “Advanced” in the menu that appears
7. You will get a new menu that says, “Add this website to the zone:”
What you want to do is type in the server name and\or IP address of whatever server you want to add. If you aren’t sure, look at the network share under “Computer” (from the desktop). If you have a network share drive, it should list the IP address or server name after a double backslash, for example:
Type that name in the box, click “Add”
8. When you are done, just click “Close” and/or “OK” out of everything. If it doesn’t work right away, I suggest rebooting.
NOTE: Make sure you only add the names/IP Addresses of servers you trust! I bear no responsibility if you “trust” a site or server that is questionable.
This is probably a rather obscure problem, but I wantd to post it in case anyone else runs into this issue.
I am adding a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise system to my SBS 2003 domain. This server was previously on another network, hence a different domain.
I went through the process of adding the server. On SBS, did “Add Server Computer”, and then I went to the new server, http://<myserver>/ConnectComputer. Unfortunately, it said “Page Cannot Be Found.”
I went to a command prompt and pinged <myserver>. Lo and behold, it was pinging itself…it appended <myserver>.<olddomain>.local.
So, what I did was, go to IE and type in http://<myserver>.<mydomain>.local/ConnectComputer and everything worked great.
Hope this helps somebody out there. Like I said, somewhat obscure, but it could happen to someone else.