This is a quick and easy fix for an error that appears every time you try and copy/move files within a Network Share (or from your desktop to a network).
This applies to you if you’re in a Network Environment (I.e.: You have a server you try and copy files from/to). You also must have permissions to modify your Internet Explorer settings. If you don’t have such permissions, you need to contact your Network Admin.
This is a screenshot of the error:
TO FIX THIS: You must add your Server’s name or IP address in IE settings. To do this:
1. Go to Control Panel
2. Click on or search for and find “Internet Options”
3. Click the Security Tab
4. Click Local intranet
5. Click the “Sites” button right below and to the right.
6. Click “Advanced” in the menu that appears
7. You will get a new menu that says, “Add this website to the zone:”
What you want to do is type in the server name and\or IP address of whatever server you want to add. If you aren’t sure, look at the network share under “Computer” (from the desktop). If you have a network share drive, it should list the IP address or server name after a double backslash, for example:
Type that name in the box, click “Add”
8. When you are done, just click “Close” and/or “OK” out of everything. If it doesn’t work right away, I suggest rebooting.
NOTE: Make sure you only add the names/IP Addresses of servers you trust! I bear no responsibility if you “trust” a site or server that is questionable.