That’s a long post title, but I wasn’t sure how to briefly state the problem. Here’s a summary of symptoms you may have:
- You have Google Calendar Sync installed
- You use Outlook and sync Outlook with Google Calendar
- In Outlook, you notice under “Deleted Items” there are hundreds of entries for the same Calendar Event, or Calendar Invitation
- In my case, the date was always 12/31/1974
- It possibly causes slow-down in accessing your Outlook calendar
I do not have a guaranteed fix for this, I can just tell you what worked for me. What seems to be occurring is there is an outstanding invitation in Google Calendar, and for some reason it pops into Outlook over and over.
Here is the fix that worked for me:
1. Find the title of the entry that occurs over-and-over (in your Outlook Deleted Items)
2. Go to your Google Calendar, and search for the title of the entry (or part of the title). In my case, it found an invitation with a Question Mark (?) indicating that I had not replied
3. DELETE the offending calendar entry in Google Calendar, so there is nothing left in Google Calendar about that particular event
4. Permanently delete all the entries in Outlook Deleted Items
5. Force another Google Calendar Sync, and see if that resolves the issue
Worked for me…let me know if it solves your problem!